Summer Teen Program
What do our Summer Teens do?
- Work on the Growing Hope Urban Farm and in community gardens
- Grow and harvest fresh produce to donate to local food pantries
- Learn about healthy eating, sustainability, and food justice
- Make a difference in the Ypsilanti community
- Get paid $10/hour for 20 hours/week
Due to Covid-19, the entire program will be outdoors. Mask wearing, hand washing, and social distancing will be enforced. Feel free to reach out to our Youth Programs Manager, Cassandra Van Dam, with any questions at [email protected].
Teen Leadership Program
Growing Hope’s after school Teen Leadership Program is a paid leadership development opportunity for teens that have completed our Summer Teen Program. This program builds off the skills learned through our summer program and equips teens with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to become the next generation of changemakers in our food system.
What do our Teen Leaders do?
- Explore in-depth topics related to food justice, healthy eating, and community change
- Learn and practice leadership skills like public speaking, group facilitation, and community asset mapping
- Find solutions to issues of food justice in our community and develop a group project to address a specific issue
- Educate and inform community members on the work that they are doing
- Teens can continue into the next summer as a Crew Leader and help shape and direct the