YPSILANTI FARMERS MARKETS
Since 2013, Growing Hope has managed and funded the beloved and historic Depot Town Farmers Market in Ypsilanti on Saturdays. Since 2006, Growing Hope’s downtown Farmers Market has been a source of fresh, affordable food for all income levels. Our Tuesday and Saturday markets are outdoors weekly May through October for 2021.
Saturday Outdoor Market Days & Times:
Saturdays, May 1st through October 30th
9am – 1pm
100 Rice Street
Tuesday Outdoor Market Days & Times:
Tuesdays, May 4th through October 26th
3pm – 7pm
16 South Washington Street
YPSILANTI AREA ONLINE MARKET
The Ypsi Area Online Market is a collaboration between Growing Hope, The Farm at St. Joe’s, Zilke Farm Kitchen, and a growing list of area farmers and food producers.
We accept EBT!
The Ypsilanti Farmers MarketPlace pickup location is able to process EBT/SNAP and Double Up Food Bucks. With Double Up Food Bucks, when you spend $1 in EBT, you get $1 worth of FREE fruits and veggies!
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Payments Accepted at the Ypsilanti Farmers Markets and Ypsi Area Online Market 2020
Ypsilanti Farmers Markets- Depot Town
- Credit Card – Swipe at Info booth for tokens
- EBT/P-EBT Card – Swipe at Info Booth for Tokens
- Double Up Food Bucks – Earn $1 for every $1 spend from your EBT/P-EBT Card. No matching limit!
- Prescription for Health – Spend paper coupons directly with vendors by October 31st
- WIC Project FRESH – use coupons directly with vendors by October 31st
- Senior Market FRESH – use coupons directly with vendors by October 31st
Ypsi Area Online Market
- Credit Card – Enter your card information and your card will be charged once we confirm all your items were delivered by the farmers/producers
- EBT/P-EBT Card – When you sign up for the online market, indicate EBT/SNAP as your customer type. We will complete the transaction when you pick up your order. Ypsilanti Farmers Marketplace Tuesday pickup location only.
- Double Up Food Bucks – Earn $1 for every $1 spent with your EBT/P-EBT Card. No matching limit! We look at your order and figure out the best way to spend your benefits that takes the least amount of funds from your EBT/P-EBT card possible. Ypsi Market Tuesday pickup location only.
- Prescription for Health – Clients should have funds preloaded onto their account. If not, we will accept paper coupons until December 22nd. Leave a note in your order to let us know you’re using Prescription for Health paper tokens.
- Market Connection Program – Sign up through The Farm at St. Joe’s. Clients will have funds loaded onto their account. https://stjoesfarm.org/…/the-farm-at-st-joes-market…/ To qualify: 1) Have one or more children living in the household 2) Be experiencing food insecurity (need help affording healthy food) 3) Live in the Ann Arbor/Ypsi Area
The online market CANNOT accept: Cash, WIC Project FRESH, or Senior Market FRESH
Rules & Guidelines for Shopping at the Market During the Pandemic
In a manner that prioritizes the health and safety of our staff, vendors, and shoppers, the Market will focus exclusively on selling food, beverages, personal hygiene items, pet food/treats, plants and gardening items, and other products allowed to be sold under current law. All areas and activities deemed non-essential to food purchasing will be suspended or eliminated at this time, including seating areas, live music, cooking demos, and product sampling.
Scroll down to see more information on the following:
Rules and Guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
- PAY ATTENTION & FOLLOW ALL MARKET SIGNAGE: Starting in June, shopping at the Market will look very different than normal. Following Market signage helps Market staff monitor the number of people within the Market space, guide pedestrians and traffic safely, and prevent crowds. Cooperation is key to a healthy and successful Market. When you follow Market signage, you do your part to ensure our Market is able to stay open. We appreciate your patience and understanding!
- 65 CUSTOMERS LIMIT: In order to comply with current regulations, based on the size of our space and number of Vendors, the Market will have max customer capacity of 65. This means that 65 customers may shop the Market at one time. We strongly encourage you to shop alone if possible. Every person, regardless of age, counts toward the capacity limit.
- DESIGNATED ENTRANCE/EXIT: Please enter and exit the Market only at the designated areas. Do NOT slip under any ropes or climb over fencing. We appreciate your cooperation and you doing your part to make sure our Market can stay open.
- ONE-WAY FOOT TRAFFIC: Shoppers must move one-way (clockwise) when on the market plaza. There will be arrows and lanes marked.
- WEAR A MASK: Masks or other cloth covering both your nose and mouth are strongly encouraged when shopping the Market. CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Wearing a mask helps us keep each other safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19. We wear masks to protect each other. Your mask protects them. Their mask protects you. Learn more about CDC recommendations about cloth face coverings.
- WASH HANDS & SANITIZE: Customers are encouraged to wash hands frequently, not touch face or mouth, not handle produce or items, and to use sanitary wipes or hand washing stations located throughout the Market.
- PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING: All Market participants must maintain a distance of 6 feet of separation between themselves and vendors, shoppers, and Market staff.
- SHOP QUICKLY & STRATEGICALLY: The sole function of the Market at this time is food purchasing. Customers are encouraged to shop quickly and strategically. At this time, visits must be as short as possible to limit exposure and allow time and space for others to shop as well. We ask that only those purchasing enter the Market, as additional foot traffic (ie. “strolling”) is inappropriate at this time and may not be permitted to enter.
- DO NOT TOUCH PRODUCTS: Customers are encouraged to not touch products for sale. Vendors will select and bag your purchases.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK AT THE MARKET: Food and/or beverages may not be consumed at the Market, regardless of whether they have been purchased at the Market or not. There is no sampling at the Market during this time.
IF YOU FEEL ILL, PLEASE STAY HOME: We appreciate your cooperation in stopping the spread of COVID-19.